HINCKLEY, Ohio (WJW)– The Hinckley Police Department determined the identities of the parents of a young boy abandoned in a cemetery and is working with Medina County Children Services on the investigation.
The incident happened at about 12:15 p.m. Wednesday at the Hope Memorial Gardens on state Route 303.
A witness told police she saw a medium blue, mid-sized car in the northeast corner of the cemetery. Police said when she drove near the vehicle, it sped away. That’s when she saw a little boy running after the car, followed by a dog. The vehicle went west on SR 3030 towards Brunswick.
Hinckley police said the boy appears to be about 3 years old.
“All of the calls and messages to help Tony are greatly appreciated. All of you have renewed my faith and appreciation for the wonderful community we live in and that surrounds us. All of you are truly the best,” Hinckley Police Chief David Centner said.
Centner said he hopes to release further information later on Wednesday.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Police: Mom charged after missing 6-year-old Ohio boy reportedly killed, thrown in river
- Most Ohio school districts will be back to in-person learning Monday
- Here’s what’s coming to Netflix in March
- Coronavirus numbers: Cleveland notified of 39 more confirmed cases
- Chagrin Valley dispatcher helps caller save dog’s life after it choked on a bone