HINCKLEY, Ohio (WJW)– The Hinckley Police Department determined the identities of the parents of a young boy abandoned in a cemetery and is working with Medina County Children Services on the investigation.
The incident happened at about 12:15 p.m. Wednesday at the Hope Memorial Gardens on state Route 303.
A witness told police she saw a medium blue, mid-sized car in the northeast corner of the cemetery. Police said when she drove near the vehicle, it sped away. That’s when she saw a little boy running after the car, followed by a dog. The vehicle went west on SR 3030 towards Brunswick.
Hinckley police said the boy appears to be about 3 years old.
“All of the calls and messages to help Tony are greatly appreciated. All of you have renewed my faith and appreciation for the wonderful community we live in and that surrounds us. All of you are truly the best,” Hinckley Police Chief David Centner said.
Centner said he hopes to release further information later on Wednesday.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Lawmakers are trying these three plans to fund the government
- The Memo: Worried Democrats fret Trump is more electable than believed
- These are the Powerball numbers for $750M jackpot
- ‘Come Home’: Community canvasses for missing Cleveland teen Keshaun Williams
- Beachwood superintendent: Brooklyn football team used ‘Nazi’ during play call