CLEVELAND (WJW) – The Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating a deadly crash on Interstate 480 west and State Road. It happened at about 8:45 a.m. Thursday.
A dump truck, with its bed raised, hit an overhead sign causing it to fall onto a pickup truck, the patrol said. The driver of the truck, a 65-year-old man, died at the scene, according to Cleveland EMS officials.
I-480 westbound was temporarily reduced to one lane and the exit ramp to State Road was closed. However, both have since reopened.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Coronavirus-themed Halloween display bringing joy to Cleveland community
- Akron police search for hit-skip driver who struck, killed 64-year-old pedestrian
- Spotty showers continue overnight as cold front sweeps through
- Local family-owned costume shop struggling amid coronavirus pandemic
- Officials track down first-ever ‘murder hornet’ nest in Washington