CLEVELAND (WJW) – The Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating a deadly crash on Interstate 480 west and State Road. It happened at about 8:45 a.m. Thursday.
A dump truck, with its bed raised, hit an overhead sign causing it to fall onto a pickup truck, the patrol said. The driver of the truck, a 65-year-old man, died at the scene, according to Cleveland EMS officials.
I-480 westbound was temporarily reduced to one lane and the exit ramp to State Road was closed. However, both have since reopened.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Two Northeast Ohio bars cited for coronavirus health order violations
- This state will offer COVID vaccines in airports
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 1,987 new cases, 83 hospitalizations reported
- Watch: USS Cod fires deck gun salute in honor of Prince Philip
- I-TEAM: Police investigate shooting outside Cedar Point Sports Center