CLEVELAND — Six locations throughout Greater Cleveland will offer free HIV testing Thursday in honor of Stephanie Tubbs Jones.
The late congresswoman was an advocate for HIV/AIDS awareness during a time when a stigma meant many people went untested.
Thursday’s event is known as ‘Keep the Promise to Women,’ which is part of a nationwide ‘Keep the Promise’ initiative in the fight against HIV/AIDS.
Anyone interested in the testing may visit the following locations:
- Stephanie Tubbs Jones Health Center – 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
13944 Euclid Ave, East Cleveland, OH
- The Free Clinic – 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
12201 Euclid Ave., Cleveland 44106
- Care Alliance Health Center – 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
1530 St. Clair Ave., NE, Cleveland 44114
- AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland – 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
4700 Prospect Ave., Cleveland 44103
- Lakewood Park, Women’s Pavilion – 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
14532 Lake Avenue, Cleveland 44107
- Call & Post – 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
11800 Shaker Blvd. Cleveland, Ohio 44120
The event is spearheaded by the AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland.