The Biden-Harris campaign requested a plexiglass shield for Wednesday’s vice presidential debate, and the Commission on Presidential Debates agreed to it. That’s according to a campaign aide with knowledge of the request who was not authorized to discuss it publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.
It will be the first debate since President Donald Trump was diagnosed with the coronavirus.
The debate in Salt Lake City is the first and only meeting of the two vice presidential candidates.
It’s not the first time plexiglass will be used in a debate as a virus precaution. Democrat Jaime Harrison used a plexiglass partition during his Saturday debate against Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham in South Carolina.
In the video, below, watch some of the first presidential debate from Cleveland.
Read more headlines on FOX8.com:
- Sheriff searching for missing Wayne County teens believed to be traveling out of state
- People threaten to call ICE on Mexican restaurant staff after choice to keep mask requirement
- Student critical after alleged hazing at BGSU; Attorney says focus remains on the family
- A peek into what’s new in the world of luxury at Lexus
- Ohio health department reports fewer than 800 new COVID-19 cases Sunday