Girl Burned in Hand Sanitizer Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Warning: Video may be disturbing to some viewers

PORTLAND, Oregon (KPTV)– A 12-year-old girl is recovering after being severely burned while in the hospital.

KPTV reported that Ireland Lane was in her hospital bed when the front of her shirt caught on fire.

Fire investigators determined that a combination of hand sanitizer and olive oil fueled the fire. Ireland’s father had put oil in her hair to remove glue from test equipment.

Watch KPTV’s report above and read more HERE.

FOX 8 Cleveland Weather // Quick Links:

Hot on FOX 8

More Viral

continue reading override