CLEVELAND (WJW) — A few weeks in the making, the Slavic Village Garden of Life is now open for all.
A ribbon cutting ceremony was held Saturday at the brand new garden space behind Daisy’s Ice Cream on East 57th Street and Fullerton Avenue. It was created as a place where people can go for peace and to honor those who’ve passed away.
People were invited to attend and received a free mask in honor of the opening day.
The former parking lot space was paid for by a $2,000 coronavirus pandemic response grant.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Ohio Investigative Unit cites six businesses for violating coronavirus health orders
- Cleveland police: Woman shot, killed after verbal altercation
- DC shooting leaves 1 dead, at least 20 injured including off-duty police officer
- Ohio coronavirus cases climb over 100,000, health department confirms
- ‘It’s going to work’: DeWine says he is confident in mail-in voting for presidential election