WOOSTER, Ohio (WJW)– A former choir teacher in the Wooster City School District is facing two counts of sexual battery.
Emily B. Patterson, 37, spent eight years in the district before resigning in June.
According to the police report, the Wooster Police Department began investigating the sexual assault complaint on June 24. Superintendent Dr. Michael Tefs said the incident allegedly happened on school property with a student.
“Though I am, frankly, frustrated and disgusted by what, if proven true, would be the single
most egregious act I have ever experienced as a professional, my heart breaks for the
alleged victim, a student,” Tefs said in a letter to employees on Thursday.
“I am at a complete loss and overwhelmed with a myriad of emotions; anger, grief, sadness, compassion, fear, and absolute astonishment.”
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Former USPS worker charged, accused of stealing nearly $1.7M in checks from mail
- ‘Not Fried Chicken’ ice cream sold in Ohio recalled for possible listeria contamination
- Why you might want to wait to get the new COVID booster
- 5 credit card scams to watch out for this holiday season
- Think twice before buying something from Temu