ASHTABULA COUNTY, Ohio (WJW) – Phillip Garcia was sentenced this week to 18 years in prison for sex crimes involving minors.
Garcia, 65, is a former Conneaut councilperson.
The Ashtabula County Sheriff’s Office launched the investigation into Garcia, who also owns Phil’s Catering in Ashtabula after one of the victims came forward in 2018.
Eventually, 11 victims said Garcia sexually assaulted them when they were between the ages of 13 and 17.
Garcia pleaded guilty in May.
The sentence was handed down in the Ashtabula County Court of Common Pleas.
Garcia is also ordered to register as a sex offender for 20 years.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- U.S. Surgeon General takes part in roundtable at University Hospitals to discuss coronavirus pandemic
- More rain expected Friday morning, sunshine returns for Halloween
- Lake County sheriff warns residents to be on alert after series of armed carjackings
- City of Cleveland notified of 41 new cases of COVID-19, one additional death
- Woman in labor refuses hospital until husband drives her to polling place first