EAST CLEVELAND, OHIO — It’s no secret your zip code can determine access to fresh food.
With an increased focus on health and wellness during these uncertain times a local non-profit, Food Strong is working with children to teach them how to plant, grow and sell fresh foods from an East Cleveland community garden.
“This isn’t what we’re doing for East Cleveland this really should be what we’re doing with East Cleveland this is all of our effort,” said founder Sara Continenza.
For more on Food Strong, click here.
This Voices of Unity project is headed by our Wayne Dawson.
If you know of people or organizations working together to make our world a better place in which to live, send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Voices of Unity.”
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Cool, rainy, windy, and another cooldown this weekend
- Honoring those who are battling, passed away from or survived breast cancer
- Deadline nears: How to submit your claim in Apple’s $500M iPhone slowdown settlement
- Joe Biden nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Chrissy Teigen shares heartbreaking news of losing baby following pregnancy complications