**For video of turtles at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, watch the video below.
MARATHON, Fla. (WJW) — A turtle hospital in Florida has removed the largest tumor they’ve ever seen at the facility from a loggerhead sea turtle named Chomper.
According to a post on Facebook, Chomper had a 14.2-pound tumor bigger than a basketball near one of her flippers. Doctors at the hospital were able to save her flipper and are “cautiously optimistic” she will make a full recovery.
During her surgery, Chomper received a blood transfusion from Madea, a non-releasable loggerhead sea turtle living at the hospital.
The hospital has been treating sea turtles with tumors for over 34 years.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Police: Florida man stole bulldozer, ran down Biden signs
- ‘We are blowing up the precedent’: Dems argue against vote to confirm Trump’s Supreme Court nominee
- 14-year-old boy with Asperger syndrome beaten to death
- Orange and Brown digital show assesses Cleveland’s victory over the Bengals, OBJ’s injury
- Ohio surpasses 200,000 coronavirus cases, as 2,116 new cases reported Monday