The assistant, who is nine months pregnant, said the bus was dropping off children on Oct. 2 when a child’s mother entered the bus, screaming and cursing, and pushed her into a wall. She told officers the mother, Erica Piedra, 36, was irate because the bus was 30 minutes late.
The assistant reported the incident four days later.
Detectives called the bus driver, who confirmed the assistant’s story. When questioned by police, Piedra said she only cursed at the victim but did not get onto the bus or shove the assistant.
Piedra was arrested and booked into the Manatee County Jail on Tuesday on a charge of aggravated battery on a pregnant woman.
There were no injuries, and the camera footage does not have the angle of the bus stairs where the incident took place.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- ‘It’s a miracle’: Man cheats death after falling from second floor of apartment complex
- I-TEAM: Mary Jo Pesho killer tries to appeal for new sentence, gets denied
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments
- Meadows Turkey Bowl continues with tradition of annual football game on Thanksgiving
- Patient hospitalized for COVID-19 plays violin to thank caregivers while intubated