CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) – An elderly Cleveland man was taken to the hospital after an early morning fire erupted at a home on Thorne Avenue.

The flames broke out just after 5:30 a.m. on Thursday. According to officials, the fire appeared to be accidental and was caused by a space heater that was too close to oxygen lines.

When crews arrived, they say they found a large house with a fire on the second floor that extended to the attic and roof.

The elderly man was taken to the hospital with minor burns.

Red Cross was called in to assist. Damage is estimated at $80,000.