CLEVELAND (WJW) — The CDC now recommends against traveling for Thanksgiving this year due to the pandemic and because of that, a lot of people who normally don’t cook for the holidays may be throwing on those oven mits for the very first time.
And if you’re cooking a big bird, you probably want to get started soon! In fact, if your turkey is 20 to 24 pounds, you can start thawing it in the fridge on Friday.
With any turkey more than 12 pounds, you’ll want to put it in the fridge before the end of the weekend, according to Butterball.
The company said a thawed turkey may be kept in the fridge for up to four days before cooking.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Michael Stanley, Cleveland music legend, dealing with ‘serious health issues,’ family says
- Columbus police searching Polaris Fashion Place mall after report of shots fired
- LIVE: Gov. Cuomo holds first news conference following harassment allegations
- 10-digit dialing coming to certain area codes
- Know this nose? Mystery snout shows up in Cleveland