SHAKER HEIGHTS, Ohio (WJW) – The Shaker Heights Fire Department is investigating a fire that happened just before 2 a.m.
Firefighters responding to the 3500 block of Pennington Rd. where a home was in flames.
Witnesses tell FOX 8 one person had to jump from a second floor window to escape.
Two people were taken to the hospital.
Dispatchers were told that fireworks caught the home on fire.
Neighbors say there were a lot of fireworks in the area at the time of the fire.
Shaker Heights fire is still investigating the cause.
Several departments responded to help get the fire under control.
Roads were closed in the area while firefighters were on the scene.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Senator, part-owner of Cleveland Indians says political opponent never made $1 billion offer to buy team
- Here’s the winning Powerball numbers
- Tip sent to Dog the Bounty Hunter leads Brian Laundrie search to Florida campsite: Reports
- Tuesday brings spotty showers
- Police rescue 6-foot snake from Lorain County roadway