SHAKER HEIGHTS, Ohio (WJW) – The Shaker Heights Fire Department is investigating a fire that happened just before 2 a.m.
Firefighters responding to the 3500 block of Pennington Rd. where a home was in flames.
Witnesses tell FOX 8 one person had to jump from a second floor window to escape.
Two people were taken to the hospital.
Dispatchers were told that fireworks caught the home on fire.
Neighbors say there were a lot of fireworks in the area at the time of the fire.
Shaker Heights fire is still investigating the cause.
Several departments responded to help get the fire under control.
Roads were closed in the area while firefighters were on the scene.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- City of Cleveland releases trick-or-treat times, discourages residents from taking part
- SCOTUS nominee meets with more GOP lawmakers on Capitol Hill as Democrats decline meetings
- Here’s where to find glorious fall foliage this weekend in Northeast Ohio
- Cuyahoga County Board of Elections meets to discuss additional absentee ballot drop sites
- Third time’s a charm: Indians and Yankees Wild Card game back after second rain delay