Firefighters: Gas leak allegedly caused house explosion, fire in Canton

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CANTON, Ohio — Firefighters were called to a home in Canton early this morning after reports of a house explosion.

According to authorities, crews were called to the home in the 1100 block of Fulton Road N.W. at around 6:30 a.m.

When they arrived, there was a heavy fire in the home, and a wall had collapsed in the rear of the building.

Firefighters believe the cause of the explosion was a gas leak.

The home is a rental property, and no one had currently been living there.

Stick with Fox 8 and Fox8.com for more on this developing story.

 

Around the Buckeye State

More Ohio News
FOX 8 Cleveland Weather // Quick Links:

Hot on FOX 8

More Viral