Space heater believed to be cause of fire on Cleveland's east side that injured two, led to death of dog

News
Data pix.

CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) - Cleveland firefighters were called to a house fire Monday morning.

The initial calls went out just before 8 a.m. in the 3600 block of East 113th Street.

Firefighters initially said no one was hurt, but later said two people were transported and their dog was killed in the fire.

A woman who lived in the home climbed to the roof when the fire broke out, and then climbed down with the help of a neighbor.

A man inside the house was able to come out the front door.

Lt. Mike Norman told FOX  8 News the cause of the fire was determined to be a  space heater by a couch on the first floor.

Stay with FOX 8 as this story develops.

Around the Buckeye State

More Ohio News
FOX 8 Cleveland Weather // Quick Links:

Hot on FOX 8

More Viral

Stay informed: Download the FOX 8 App