Euclid house fire caused by unattended cooking leaves $80K in damages

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

EUCLID, Ohio – Euclid firefighters battled flames at a home on Alberton Road Sunday morning.

The fire broke out at 7:38 a.m.

When crews arrived around 7:45 they discovered the fire had started in the kitchen and spread to the roof.

Firefighters had to fight the blaze from inside the home.

There was one person in the home when the fire broke out. They were able to make it out safely and no injuries were reported.

The Red Cross is assisting the residents of the home.

Fire crews say despite efforts to confine the fire, there was extensive damage to the home with an estimated loss of $80,000.

Crews say the fire was caused by unattended cooking and remind residents to never leave cooking food unattended and maintain working smoke detectors.

Around the Buckeye State

More Ohio News
FOX 8 Cleveland Weather // Quick Links:

Hot on FOX 8

More Viral