That’s in addition to 339,957 continued jobless claims in the state.
ODJFS reports that’s 436,345 fewer than the peak earlier this year.
Nationally, initial jobless claims were 881,000, according to the U.S. Labor Department.
13.3 million people continue to claim jobless benefits.
Related video, below: Ohio Gov. DeWine’s recent update on $300 in federal unemployment aid
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Ravens-Steelers game moved from Thursday night to Sunday
- Charges pending after woman sets hotel dumpster fire to get rid of ‘snakes’, Westlake police report
- 100-year-old nun known for praying for all at St. Vincent Charity Medical Center contracts COVID-19
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 10,835 new cases, 156 new deaths reported
- Beachwood Place puts new security measure in place to detect weapons