“We’re so grateful to have her, she’s a blessing to us and we love her to death,” Elliot’s daughter, Regina Jones said.
A mother of 11, Elliot was born in 1920. To put that in some perspective, Woodrow Wilson was President, women voted for the first time in a presidential election, and the NFL played its first season.
On Saturday, family and friends threw Elliot and celebration and barbecue at her Alabama home. Elliot shared with FOX 10 News some advice during this trying year.
“That’s the only way we’ll see Jesus, love everybody, enemies and whoever,” Elliot said. “Let’s love everybody. That’s what I try to do. I try to love everybody. If they don’t like me I still love them right on.”
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES ON FOX8.COM:
- Parma Rib ‘N Rock held at Normandy High School
- Police: Man suspected of stabbing elderly woman in her bed arrested, charged in Mansfield
- TSA screens over 2 million passengers in a single day for first time since March 2020
- Wayne Dawson foundation scholarship giveaway awards 5 students: ‘This means I can forward my success’
- Cleveland admits short staffing in EMS daily