In a video and series of photos posted on Instagram earlier this month, the motocross competitor stated that he is a “firm believer” in teaching children to properly shoot and handle firearms.
“No better sound than the bullet of your kids [sic] gun plucking a steel target at 30 yards,” he wrote in the post.
Hart says his 9-year-old daughter Willow is “getting seriously good with the rifle and handling of a firearm.”
He also said that his son, Jameson, 3, “absolutely loves shooting!”
Hart continued to say that the rate at which his kids are processing the handling of firearms makes him proud.
Hart’s post was met with both controversy and support.
“This doesn’t strike me as a kids activity…not at all,” one Instagram user commented. “Yr [sic] son is 3 or 4 at most and learning to shoot a gun?”
“I was taught young, started about 5. By the time I joined the military I earned my expert medal. It’s all how you teach your kiddos. Your [sic] doing a great thing. Your [sic] great parents!” wrote another.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Grasping for air: Heat a major issue at Olympic tennis venue
- Olympic pole vaulter posts video of graphic injury at practice: ‘Messed up all my teeth’
- Alabama governor on rise in COVID-19 cases: ‘It’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated’
- Mom delivers baby after losing husband to COVID-19: ‘It was so bittersweet’
- Bird sees no hypocrisy on US team staying for anthem