CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) — Happy 116th birthday to Miss Hester Ford!
She hit this milestone birthday on Friday.
FOX 46 captured the moment Hester turned 115 last year when she had a party in North Carolina with her family.
Hester was born in Lancaster County, South Carolina, and went on to have 12 children with her husband, and has more than 50 grand-kids and 120 great-grand-kids!
Ms. Ford credits her incredible longevity to family and strong faith in God.
Now, she is the oldest living person in the United States.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Winds chills in the teens overnight
- Heavy snow damages outdoor seating area at Little Italy restaurant
- Solon tries to provide help during power outages, bitter cold and pandemic
- U.S. breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record with over 100,000 patients
- City of Cleveland reports 269 more confirmed COVID-19 cases