CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) — Happy 116th birthday to Miss Hester Ford!
She hit this milestone birthday on Friday.
FOX 46 captured the moment Hester turned 115 last year when she had a party in North Carolina with her family.
Hester was born in Lancaster County, South Carolina, and went on to have 12 children with her husband, and has more than 50 grand-kids and 120 great-grand-kids!
Ms. Ford credits her incredible longevity to family and strong faith in God.
Now, she is the oldest living person in the United States.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- San Francisco bars to require proof of COVID-19 vaccine or negative test to enter
- The U.S. embassy, a home away from home for Americans in Tokyo
- ‘Following the science’: President Biden speaks out on CDC mask guideline reversal
- Akron Civic Theater taking over Goodyear Theater
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 1,317 new cases, 127 hospitalizations