On Twitter, The Washington Field Office said it is seeking information to “assist in identifying individuals who are actively instigating violence in Washington, DC.”
The agency is urging people who saw unlawful activity during the violent protests to submit information to them. The FBI has provided an online tips form.”If you have witnessed unlawful violent actions, we urge you to submit any information, photos, or videos that could be relevant to the #FBI at http://fbi.gov/USCapitol.”
The FBI also said people may call 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324) to report tips and/or information related to the investigation.
READ THE LATEST HEADLINES ON FOX8.COM:
- NBA schedule won’t have games on Election Day this year
- Feds: Members of two New York crime families and a detective indicted in Mafia-led racket
- Inflation Reduction Act may have little impact on inflation
- Study: US will have an ‘extreme heat belt’ in 30 years – is your state part of it?
- US education secretary: ‘Much better spot’ to handle COVID in school this year