That’s in addition to face masks.
The CDC has already been recommending people wear some kind of eye covering, but neither the CDC nor Dr. Fauci has pushed wearing goggles because they are not as easily available as face masks.
Dr. Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus response coordinator, recommended the use of face shields in addition to masks.
“The mask protects others, to block those droplets and block that contamination that happens when you speak or sing or talk, or even breathe,” Birx said on “Fox & Friends” Thursday morning.
“The thing about the face shields — we think that could protect the individuals and that it would decrease the ability for them to touch their eyes and spread the virus as well as those droplets coming towards them. So there are two different technologies for two different reasons.”
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Missouri accidentally sends emergency alert with Batman references
- All CMSD schools closed Wednesday as snow cleanup continues; arctic air on the way
- Body believed to be abducted Virginia woman found
- Felony charges are first in a fatal crash involving Tesla on Autopilot
- Cleveland’s mass COVID-19 testing site is wrapping up Sunday