That’s in addition to face masks.
The CDC has already been recommending people wear some kind of eye covering, but neither the CDC nor Dr. Fauci has pushed wearing goggles because they are not as easily available as face masks.
Dr. Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus response coordinator, recommended the use of face shields in addition to masks.
“The mask protects others, to block those droplets and block that contamination that happens when you speak or sing or talk, or even breathe,” Birx said on “Fox & Friends” Thursday morning.
“The thing about the face shields — we think that could protect the individuals and that it would decrease the ability for them to touch their eyes and spread the virus as well as those droplets coming towards them. So there are two different technologies for two different reasons.”
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Ohio’s new alcohol delivery law takes effect Monday
- I-90 reopens, SR-2 remains closed due to accident involving overturned semi
- Court documents: Mom arrested in death of her 3 kids was in custody dispute
- ESPN: OSU Heisman winner Eddie George to be named Tennessee State head coach
- Florida sues CDC: Governor demands cruise ships be allowed to sail immediately