*See our latest report on a local COVID-19 vaccine trial above.*
OAKLAND, Calif. (NewsNation Now) — Pine-Sol has approval from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) “for kill claims against SARS-Cov-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, on hard non-porous surfaces,” according to a company news release.
The common household cleaner, a product of Clorox Company, was tested by a third-party laboratory and proved to be effective against the virus with a “10-minute contact time on hard non-porous surfaces.”
“Pine-Sol Original Multi-Surface Cleaner now offers the clean families have trusted through generations with the protection they need right now against the spread of SARS-Cov-2, the virus that causes COVID-19,” Chris Hyder, vice president and general manager of the cleaning division at Clorox, said in a statement. “We hope this new Pine-Sol kill claim will increase access to disinfectants that can help prevent the spread of COVID-19.”
The company recommends using Pine-Sol Original Multi-Surface Cleaner at full strength with a clean sponge or cloth on hard, nonporous surfaces. For wet surfaces, let stand 10 minutes, and then rinse.
For the full list of products that meet EPA’s criteria for use against the COVID-19 virus here.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Reese’s tricked-out Halloween door dispenses hands-free treats
- Ohio felon arrested after using Kool-Aid packet to ring up $994 in charges at Florida Walmart
- Justice Dept. to file landmark antitrust case against Google
- Ohio woman turns self in for killing husband, says he asked her to end his suffering from illness
- Ohio woman accused of killing elderly couple