(WJW) — Nearly three decades after the first “Sister Act” movie hit theaters, there is some great news for fans: a third movie is finally happening.
“Sister Act 3” will premiere on Disney Plus. No release date was given.
The first “Sister Act” movie hit theaters in 1992 followed by a second film the next year.
Fans, and Whoopi herself, have been pushing for a third movie and now it’s happening. Whoopi stars as Deloris Van Cartier, a lounge singer turned nun after being placed into witness protection.
Read more stories from FOX8.com, below:
- Cleveland police ask for help finding 11-year-old boy
- Chauvin likely to appeal, claiming trial tainted by civil settlement, media coverage
- Family identifies 15-year-old girl killed in east Columbus police shooting
- Winter weather advisory starts at midnight, snow accumulating overnight
- Last week saw highest ever level of global COVID cases over 7-day period