DALLAS (NEXSTAR) — The debate over the best chicken sandwich usually comes down to Chick fil-A and Popeyes. KFC hopes to change that with the introduction of what it’s calling their “best chicken sandwich ever.”
The fast-food chain unveiled its newest chicken sandwich today in select markets in hopes of rolling it out nationwide in February.
The sandwich includes a quarter-pound Extra Crispy chicken breast filet, brioche bun, pickles and a choice of the Colonel’s real mayo or spicy sauce.
When it comes to the chicken sandwich wars, a KFC spokeswoman says they’re “in it to win.”
“We tested the new KFC Chicken Sandwich in Orlando last spring, and we nearly doubled our sales expectations, so we knew that we had a winner,” said Andrea Zahumensky, chief marketing officer, KFC U.S.
The sandwich is available for $3.99 or part of a $6.99 meal.
Want to know if it’s in your neighborhood? KFC has launched a chicken sandwich finder to help you track it down.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Ohio State swimmer makes men’s Olympic team; first to do so in 65 years
- Local medical experts concerned as Delta variant of COVID-19 continues to spread
- Severe thunderstorm watch in effect overnight; showers still possible Monday
- Here’s the list of 2021 Northeast Ohio 4th of July fireworks shows
- Jackson Township police investigating triple homicide, suicide