AUSTIN (KXAN) — Music superstar Beyoncé is getting 100 $5,000 checks in formation — to help individuals and families impacted by the current pandemic housing crisis.
The BeyGood Impact Fund previously gave $10,000 grants to over 250 small businesses who were affected due to COVID-19.
Renters nationwide face a critical timeclock, as the federal eviction moratorium is set to expire Dec. 31 — with no plan yet in place to extend it. The Census Bureau estimates 11.3 million households are behind on rent or won’t be able to pay the coming month’s, according to Washington Post.
The online application process will open Jan. 7, with grants dispersed later that month. A second round will open in February, BeyGOOD says.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Trump outlines preferred policies if GOP retakes Congress in CPAC speech
- Democrats fail to overrule parliamentarian on insulin price cap as GOP votes no
- Fourth set of human remains discovered at Lake Mead since May
- ‘Luna’ is the most popular dog name in 35 states, according to a new study
- Coyotes are here to stay in North American cities – here’s how to appreciate them from a distance