AUSTIN (KXAN) — Music superstar Beyoncé is getting 100 $5,000 checks in formation — to help individuals and families impacted by the current pandemic housing crisis.
The BeyGood Impact Fund previously gave $10,000 grants to over 250 small businesses who were affected due to COVID-19.
Renters nationwide face a critical timeclock, as the federal eviction moratorium is set to expire Dec. 31 — with no plan yet in place to extend it. The Census Bureau estimates 11.3 million households are behind on rent or won’t be able to pay the coming month’s, according to Washington Post.
The online application process will open Jan. 7, with grants dispersed later that month. A second round will open in February, BeyGOOD says.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Investigators: No evidence of gunshots fired at Wingfoot Lake State Park during numerous parties Saturday
- Manchin puts forth voting rights deal but GOP not budging
- Victims identified in Jackson Township triple homicide, suicide
- Sheriff: Suspect arrested after 42,000 pounds of pistachios stolen
- Non-paying customers accused of kidnapping, assaulting waitress: police