(WJW) — Bette Midler recently confirmed that she and her fellow sister witches, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy, would like to reunite for a sequel to the 1993 cult classic “Hocus Pocus.”
Speaking with FOX 5 New York about her upcoming costume benefit called “In Search of the Sanderson Sisters: A Hocus Pocus Hulaween Takeover,” which also involves her former co-stars, Midler said she was “totally game” for an actual sequel.
“They want to make a movie, they’ve asked us if we were interested and, of course, all of us said ‘yes,'” Midler told Fox 5.
Then earlier this year, Adam Shankman, whose directing credits include “Hairspray” and “Rock of Ages,” reportedly posted on social media that he’d been tapped to direct.
As we wait, film fans can tune into the Oct. 30 virtual fundraiser, which benefits the New York Restoration Project, to catch a glimpse of the Sanderson sisters. Find tickets and more information right here.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as November comes to a close
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 7,729 additional cases reported, 21 deaths
- I-TEAM: Local agencies involved in murder investigation of woman from Belmont County
- Completed Wisconsin recount confirms Biden’s win over Trump
- Monolith discovered in Utah desert has mysteriously disappeared, officials say