AKRON, Ohio (WJW)– The Metro PCS store on North Main Street in Akron was robbed Tuesday night.
Police said the suspect pulled out a handgun, took money from the register and tried to get into the safe. That’s when an employee took out his own gun and fired multiple rounds at the suspect.
Officers arrived and took the suspect into custody. According to police, he was struck by the gunfire and taken to Summa Akron City Hospital, where he is in serious, but stable condition.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Watch Live: Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine gives update on coronavirus vaccine rollout
- Republicans reintroduce amendment to impose term limits on members of Congress
- Westlake police warn of recent residential burglaries, asking for public’s help
- Senate confirms Antony Blinken as 71st secretary of state
- Miley Cyrus to play Super Bowl concert for vaccinated frontline workers