*Watch our report above on the community’s reaction to the tragedy.*
ELYRIA, Ohio (WJW) — Elyria police are releasing more details about the five family members who were found dead inside a home on Wednesday.
According to the department, it appears to be a murder-suicide with 44-year-old John Nelson being named as the suspect. They all died from gunshot wounds.
The victims include his wife, Robin Nelson, 35, and their children, Gavin, 12, Brianna, 10, and Liam, 6.
Officers discovered their bodies while responding to the property for a welfare check.
Elyria police and Lorain County Coroner’s Office are continuing to investigate.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Graham warned to follow decorum rule after he attacks Democratic colleague
- Cheney: GOP is ‘very sick’
- Akron police locate SUV connected to 4-year-old’s shooting death; no arrests made
- There may be three types of long COVID, study suggests
- Monkeypox vaccines: A virologist answers 6 questions about how they work, who can get them and how well they prevent infection