Couple Found Dead of CO Poisoning


(Photo Credit: Fox 8 News)

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Cleveland Heights Police are investigating after a couple was found dead inside their home on East Monmouth Road.

Gregory and Elise Lindsay, both 62, were discovered Thursday afternoon along with their pet dog and cat.

The medical examiner's office said they died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Their deaths have been ruled an accident.

"You really need to have a working carbon monoxide detector in your home," said Scott Reese, assistant fire chief with the Cleveland Heights Fire Department.

Reese says also have a working smoke detector.

"Carbon monoxide does not have a smell to it, so you'll never know that it's in your house," said Reese.

Reese said to make sure any appliance that burns gas is checked out yearly.

News of the deaths stunned the campus of Case Western Reserve University, where Elise served as director of International Student Services.

"They were really a beautiful couple together. You could see they had, what's it called, simpatico," said David Flesher, associate provost for International Affairs at Case Western Reserve University.

"Elise would be running around working, and her husband would be here. You could see he was proud of what she was doing. He'd be taking pictures. She touched many student's lives, including international ones," added Flesher.

The Lindsays leave behind three children.

Around the Buckeye State

More Ohio News
FOX 8 Cleveland Weather // Quick Links:

Hot on FOX 8

More Viral