EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) – Police in East Cleveland are investigating the shooting of an 8-year-old girl.
Police responded to Forest Hills Blvd. in East Cleveland before 9 p.m. Sunday.
Sources tell the FOX 8 I-Team the child was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery.
East Cleveland police have not said if they are looking for a suspect.
There is no information on the child’s condition.
It was a violent weekend in Northeast Ohio.
There were six shootings in Cleveland between 9 a.m. Saturday and 6 a.m. Sunday.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Air Quality Alert for ground level ozone in Northeast Ohio
- Temperatures soar into the 90s with tropical humidity; thundershowers tonight
- Cleveland pitcher Zach Plesac on breaking coronavirus protocol: ‘I made a poor choice’
- Georgia school seen in viral photo to move to online learning after 9 cases of Covid-19 reported
- Missing: Alexandria Lentini