EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) – Police in East Cleveland are investigating the shooting of an 8-year-old girl.
Police responded to Forest Hills Blvd. in East Cleveland before 9 p.m. Sunday.
Sources tell the FOX 8 I-Team the child was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery.
East Cleveland police have not said if they are looking for a suspect.
There is no information on the child’s condition.
It was a violent weekend in Northeast Ohio.
There were six shootings in Cleveland between 9 a.m. Saturday and 6 a.m. Sunday.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Ohio shooting sends 4-year-old girl, woman to hospital
- Two Northeast Ohio bars cited for coronavirus health order violations
- This state will offer COVID vaccines in airports
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 1,987 new cases, 83 hospitalizations reported
- Watch: USS Cod fires deck gun salute in honor of Prince Philip