EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) – Police in East Cleveland are investigating the shooting of an 8-year-old girl.
Police responded to Forest Hills Blvd. in East Cleveland before 9 p.m. Sunday.
Sources tell the FOX 8 I-Team the child was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery.
East Cleveland police have not said if they are looking for a suspect.
There is no information on the child’s condition.
It was a violent weekend in Northeast Ohio.
There were six shootings in Cleveland between 9 a.m. Saturday and 6 a.m. Sunday.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Not cooking a bird? Arby’s brings deep-fried turkey to menu
- U.S. Surgeon General takes part in roundtable at University Hospitals to discuss coronavirus pandemic
- More rain expected Friday morning, sunshine returns for Halloween
- Lake County sheriff warns residents to be on alert after series of armed carjackings
- City of Cleveland notified of 41 new cases of COVID-19, one additional death