EAST CLEVELAND (WJW) — The East Cleveland police force grew by four paws Thursday.
The department received its first K9 officer — a German Sheppard named Jack.
Jack came to Northeast Ohio from the Czech Republic.
He had is formal handover Thursday night during a special ceremony with the East Cleveland mayor, his handler and Robert McDowell, who trains and pairs handlers with K9 officers.
McDowell believes K9 Jack will be a very busy dog and demonstrates the department’s commitment to fight crime while reducing the risk to their human officers.
Congratulations Jack! Welcome to the force.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Here are the winning Mega Millions numbers for the $1 billion jackpot
- Sexton scores 25, Cavaliers beat Durant-less Nets 125-113
- Ohio funeral homes at breaking point, workers want COVID-19 vaccine
- Saturday bringing colder air, brighter skies to Northeast Ohio
- Ohio family grateful for pardon from President Trump