ERIE COUNTY, Ohio (WJW) — An eagle is recovering after being struck by a passing vehicle in Erie County on Friday.
According to a Facebook post from the Erie County Sheriff’s Office, it happened near the intersection of State Route 113 and Berlin Road in Berlin Township.
“Special thanks to State Wildlife Officer Michelle Butler and Berlin Heights Police Department Chief Charity Schafer for the assistance they provided Sgt. Dan McGlothlin this morning.”
Wildlife Officer Butler transported the eagle to Back To The Wild, where he is being treated for his injuries.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- House GOP elects Elise Stefanik to No. 3 post after ousting Liz Cheney
- Car destroyed by fire after driver uses hand sanitizer while smoking cigarette
- ‘We need to get people off the bridge as soon as possible’: Hear Tenn. bridge crews frantic 911 calls after crack found
- FBI helping investigate Gina DeJesus carjacking: I-Team
- Feeling lucky? Mega Millions jackpot grows to $430 million