This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LYNDHURST, Ohio– The Lyndhurst Fire Department is warning residents after a dangerous scare with an e-cigarette.

Firefighters were called to an office building on Mayfield Road Tuesday morning when the fire alarm activated.

The department said there was no fire, but the rechargeable battery of an e-cigarette exploded. It was inside the lab coat of one of the workers.

No one was injured.

Lyndhurst fire officials said people should avoid carrying a cigarette vaporizer on their person, and keep the battery away from copper and other metals.