AUSTIN (KXAN) — On Sunday morning, actor Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson took to Twitter to make a big endorsement, saying he believes Democratic nominee Joe Biden is the “best choice” in the 2020 Presidential Election.
“As a political independent & centrist, I’ve voted for both parties in the past,” Johnson writes. “In this critical presidential election, I’m endorsing Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. Progress takes courage, humanity, empathy, strength, KINDNESS & RESPECT.”
The actor also urged everyone in the tweet to register to vote, linking to VoteSaveAmerica.com, an advocacy group that is working to “save America” during the 2020 Election against the re-election of President Donald Trump.
Johnson, according to an August 2020 Forbes estimate, is the highest-paid actor in the world — coming in with $87.5 million this year.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- 14-year-old boy with Asperger syndrome beaten to death
- Watch Live: Orange and Brown digital show assesses Cleveland’s victory over the Bengals, OBJ’s injury
- Ohio surpasses 200,000 coronavirus cases, as 2,116 new cases reported Monday
- ‘This guy is winning’: Tracy McCool offers update as husband’s cancer battle marks two years
- Scientists say ‘strange lights’ over Hawaii were likely a rocket from nearly 12 years ago