According to a news release from East Cleveland police, around 12:30 a.m. Thursday officers began a pursuit with a stolen vehicle with three males inside.
The chase ended around E. 105th and South Blvd. in Cleveland. That’s when everybody inside the vehicle ran off, police said.
East Cleveland officers said the driver ran off with a gun in his hand.
According to a news release, the driver raised his arm sideways and that’s when officers from East Cleveland fired shots.
The driver was taken to University Hospitals. His name, age, and condition were not immediately available.
Chief Scott Gardner, East Cleveland Police, said the investigation was being handled by the Cleveland Police Homicide Unit.
Stay with FOX 8 News and FOX8.com for updates on this developing story.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Cavs games at Washington postponed, Wizards don’t have enough players
- House Democrats revive push to abolish Electoral College
- Mega Millions and Powerball: Lottery players have chance at jackpots worth combined $1.3 billion
- LIVE: Biden outlines plan to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Jared Goff to start for Rams in Green Bay; Wolford inactive