According to a news release from East Cleveland police, around 12:30 a.m. Thursday officers began a pursuit with a stolen vehicle with three males inside.
The chase ended around E. 105th and South Blvd. in Cleveland. That’s when everybody inside the vehicle ran off, police said.
East Cleveland officers said the driver ran off with a gun in his hand.
According to a news release, the driver raised his arm sideways and that’s when officers from East Cleveland fired shots.
The driver was taken to University Hospitals. His name, age, and condition were not immediately available.
Chief Scott Gardner, East Cleveland Police, said the investigation was being handled by the Cleveland Police Homicide Unit.
Stay with FOX 8 News and FOX8.com for updates on this developing story.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- As Kent prepares for Halloween, residents skeptical people will comply with COVID-19 ordinance
- Expect a rainy start to your week in Northeast Ohio
- 52 new coronavirus cases reported in Cleveland Sunday
- Halloween goes on at the White House during the pandemic with a few twists
- 3 suspects wanted after car, credit cards stolen from 72-year-old man whose wife is at Cleveland Clinic