MEDINA COUNTY, Ohio (WJW) – The Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating a crash in Medina County.
A vehicle was found just before 1:30 a.m. Monday in the woods just off State Route 18, east of Windfall Rd.
According to crews at the scene, a driver was found dead inside the vehicle.
The Medina County Medical Examiner was called to the scene.
According to a press release from OSHP, a pickup was headed eastbound and traveled left of center.
The driver hit a utility pole and then a tree.
The driver has been identified as William Lagrand, 46, of Akron.
He was pronounced dead on the scene.
Troopers say he was wearing his seatbelt.
Alcohol is not suspected.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Ohio Investigative Unit cites six businesses for violating coronavirus health orders
- Cleveland police: Woman shot, killed after verbal altercation
- DC shooting leaves 1 dead, at least 20 injured including off-duty police officer
- Ohio coronavirus cases climb over 100,000, health department confirms
- ‘It’s going to work’: DeWine says he is confident in mail-in voting for presidential election