CLEVELAND (WJW) — It’s that time of year again. And Saturday night, the Christmas tree in Public Square was officially lit for the season, as seen in the video player above.
But with it came a whole lot of fun activates for people of all ages to enjoy, including marshmallow roasting, ice skating and even some ice sculpting.
For the Dobbins family, Downtown Cleveland Alliance’s production of Winterland is a long time tradition.
“Cleveland has been under a lot of pressure recently so having these events means a lot,” Shaniqua Dobbins told FOX 8. “For the community to come out and enjoy each other is a lot of fun, especially for the kids.”
Find out more about the festivities running all month long right here.
Prepare for travel to and from downtown this weekend. For a complete list of Park-N-Ride station locations and schedules, you can visit the RTA website. If you will be driving to the event, find the perfect spot with Downtown Cleveland Alliance’s Parking and Transportation Guide.
Be aware that select roads near Cleveland Public Square will be closed off this weekend. Roads are closed through Sunday at 9 a.m.
Friday, November 25 at 9 a.m. to Sunday, November 27 at 9 a.m.
- Superior, between East and West Roadway
Saturday, November 26 at 7 a.m. to Sunday, November 27 at 1 a.m.
- East Roadway and West Roadway
- South Roadway in front of Tower City to Euclid Ave
- Superior, West 3rd to East 3rd; Access maintained to Renaissance Hotel
- Superior at East 3rd; Exit the Hyatt garage Eastbound on Superior
- Superior at West 3rd; Valet access maintained
- Frankfurt at West 3rd
- Euclid at East 6th; Residential, valet and hotel access maintained
- South Roadway to Southbound Ontario; Northbound traffic from Ontario to Euclid Eastbound, maintained
- Ontario at St. Clair; Access to Marriott loading dock maintained
- Rockwell from West Mall Drive to West Roadway