DALLAS (NEXSTAR) — If there’s one person who could cheer us up during a difficult 2020, it’s Dolly Parton.
And perhaps even better than that? Dolly starring in a Christmas movie!
Parton started the holiday season with an early gift — announcing the release date for her Netflix movie “Christmas On The Square.”
The flick, directed by Debbie Allen, is summarized as follows: “an embittered ‘Scrooge’ of a woman plans to sell her small town, regardless of the consequences to the people who live there.”
The movie is set to be released November 22 on Netflix.
If that’s not enough Dolly for you, her new A Holly Dolly Christmas album is set to drop on Friday. It’s the country icon’s first holiday album in 30 years.
The album features holiday favorites and duets with artists like Michael Bublé, Miley Cyrus and Willie Nelson.
You can get a sneak peek below:
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- ‘I’m sick for Odell’: Kevin Stefanski weighs in on injuries as Browns look to next Sunday
- Ohio surpasses 200,000 coronavirus cases, as 2,116 new cases reported Monday
- ‘This guy is winning’: Tracy McCool offers update as husband’s cancer battle marks two years
- Scientists say ‘strange lights’ over Hawaii were likely a rocket from nearly 12 years ago
- NASA discovers water on the sunlit surface of Moon