News agencies report 51-year-old Neil Broussard of Lake Charles surrendered Thursday at the store in Beauregard Parish.
A judge in neighboring Calcasieu Parish set his bond at $4 million.
He’s accused of killing a 17-year-old girl and an 18-year-old boy, wounding the girl’s mother and kidnapping the woman’s 14-year-old daughter early Wednesday morning.
Authorities say he’s a convicted sex offender. They say he was wanted on sex charges in Louisiana and scheduled for trial on sex charges in Texas.
Related video: Dollar General break-in in Cleveland:
Follow the latest headlines on FOX8.com:
- ‘It’s a miracle’: Man cheats death after falling from second floor of apartment complex
- I-TEAM: Mary Jo Pesho killer tries to appeal for new sentence, gets denied
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments
- Meadows Turkey Bowl continues with tradition of annual football game on Thanksgiving
- Patient hospitalized for COVID-19 plays violin to thank caregivers while intubated