AVON – It has become an all too familiar scene in Ohio: Students being evacuated and schools being searched, after bomb or shooting threats are made.
Ken Trump, president of National School Safety and Security Services, says a study he did earlier this year shows Ohio topped the list as the state with the most school threats.
“In the more than 800 violent school threats we looked at, Ohio ranked the most, and that’s a concern,” Trump said.
And it happened again Friday afternoon. This time in Avon.
The Avon Local Schools website posted Friday that a voice recording of a potential threat was made to the Heritage School Campus.
The school was evacuated and searched.
Just this month alone, threats were made in several school districts, including Mansfiled, Brunswick, and Eastlake North High School.
Many experts believe talking to students even at a young age to tell then about consequences, will hopefully help reduce these threats in the future.