On March 3, Disney announced it plans to focus on its e-commerce business and will close at least 60 stores in North America by the end of 2021.
In its March 3 press release, Disney said it is focusing on providing “a more seamless, personalized and franchise-focused ecommerce experience through its shopDisney platform.” The company said it plans to integrate the platform more into its Disney Parks apps and social media platforms.
“The global pandemic has changed what consumers expect from a retailer,” Stephanie Young, president of consumer products games and publishing, said in a statement. “Over the past few years, we’ve been focused on meeting consumers where they are already spending their time, such as the expansion of Disney store shop-in-shops around the world. We now plan to create a more flexible, interconnected ecommerce experience that gives consumers easy access to unique, high-quality products across all our franchises.”
Disney said it plans to continue operating more than 600 stores inside and outside its parks and through third-party retailers around the world.
Here are the other Disney store locations closing by March 23:
- Chandler – Chandler Fashion Center, 3111 W Chandler Blvd.
- Glendale – Arrowhead Towne Center, 7700 W Arrowhead Towne Center
- Scottsdale – Scottsdale Fashion Square, 7014-2216 East Camelback Road
- Arcadia – Westfield Santa Anita, 1400 South Baldwin Ave.
- Mission Viejo – The Shops at Mission Viejo, 555 Shops at Mission Viejo Drive
- Montclair – Montclair Plaza, 5060 East Montclair Plaza Lane
- Montebello – The Shops at Montebello, 2134 Montebello Town Center
- Roseville – Westfield Galleria at Roseville, 1151 Galleria Blvd.
- Salinas – Northridge Mall, 720 Northridge Mall
- San Diego – Fashion Valley Mall, 7007 Friar Road
- San Jose – Oakridge Mall, 925 Blossom Hill Road
- Santa Monica – Santa Monica Place, 395 Santa Monica Place
- Broomfield – FlatIron Crossing, 1 West Flatiron Crossing Drive
- Miami – Aventura Mall, 19575 Biscayne Blvd.
- Tampa – International Plaza, 32223 NW Shore Blvd.
- Chicago – State Street, 108 North State Street
- Rosemont – Fashion Outlets of Chicago, 5220 Fashion Outlets Way
- Indianapolis – Castleton Square, 6020 East 82nd St.
- Merrillville – Southlake Mall, 2144 Southlake Mall
- Overland Park – Oak Park Mall, 11447 West 95th St.
- Baltimore – White Marsh Mall, 8200 Perry Hall Blvd.
- Hanover – Arundel Mills, 7000 Arundel Mills Circle
- St. Louis – St. Louis Galleria, 1155 Saint Louis Galleria
- Freehold – Freehold Raceway Mall, 3710 Route 9
- Riverhead – Tanger Outlets Riverhead, 1770 West Main Street
- Staten Island – Staten Island Mall, 2655 Richmond Ave.
- North Olmsted – Great Northern Mall, 564 Great Northern Mall
- Portland – Clackamas Town Center, 12000 Southeast 82nd Ave.
- Pittsburgh – South Hills Village, 421 South Hills Village
- Springfield – Springfield Mall, 1250 Baltimore Pike
- Knoxville – West Town Mall, 7600 Kingston Pike
- El Paso – Cielo Vista Mall, 8401 Gateway Boulevard West
- Houston – Memorial City, 303 Memorial City Way
- Houston – Willowbrook Mall, 2000 Willowbrook Mall
- Laredo – Mall Del Norteo, 5300 San Dario Ave.
- San Antonio – Ingram Park Mall, 6301 Northwest Loop 410
- San Antonio – North Star Mall, 7400 San Pedro Ave.
- San Antonio – Rivercenter Mall, 849 East Commerce Street