Officers responded to a home in the 1200 block of 5th Ave. around 9:30 p.m. Sunday night.
According to police, suspects possibly driving a dark-colored Dodge Ram Pickup fired shots at the home as two people exited their car in the driveway.
The child, a one-year-old baby boy, was shot and killed. A man and woman were shot and treated for non life threatening injuries.
“My kids came running upstairs, saying it was bullets coming through the wall and the police was out here… If them bullets would have came any further through my house, my kids would have been shot,” said a next door neighbor, who did not want to be identified.
Broken glass remained on the driveway Monday evening, and roughly a dozen bullet holes can be seen near the front door of the home. A dozen more bullets struck the home next door.
“I seen that baby almost every day since they been living here, terrible terrible… A little 1-year-old baby and beautiful, little baby,” the neighbor said.
If you have information that can help, call Akron detectives at 330-375-2490.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Ohio elections leaders still looking for more than 20-thousand poll workers
- Car crashes into house in Trumbull County, killing sleeping man
- Protesters leave casket full of dirt, cow manure at North Carolina police station
- Free coronavirus testing Saturday in several Northeast Ohio counties
- Pregnant woman rescues husband from shark attack