*Watch our report above on flooding from Friday’s heavy rains.*
SUMMIT COUNTY, Ohio (WJW) — The Summit County Sheriff’s Office is urging boat owners who have vessels on Portage Lakes to check them immediately.
According to a Facebook post, Marine Patrol Sergeant Mike Walsh observed several small boats flooded and sinking due to heavy rains.
“If you know someone who keeps their boat on the lakes please advise them to check its condition,” the sheriff’s office wrote.
They also shared a photo of one of the boats submerged under water.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Columbus police called out for helicopter ‘joyride’
- Basketball courts at Madison Park in Lakewood closed for now after shooting
- ‘PTO break’: Ohio restaurant temporarily closed to give workers chance to get vaccinated
- Harry, William seen chatting together after royal funeral
- Ohio shooting sends 4-year-old girl, woman to hospital