RAVENNA, Ohio (WJW) — A 14-year-old girl who had been missing seen since Thursday was found in Pennsylvania Saturday afternoon.
According to a press release, Cara Stefan left her home in Ravenna sometime during the night Thursday. She was believed to be with Eduardo Guerrero, 21, who was a wanted fugitive.
Guerrero was on bond with Portage County for unlawful sexual conduct with a minor, importuning, and possession of criminal tools when he was believed to have left with Stefan.
The U.S. Marshals Service reports that Stefan and Guerrero were located in West Middlesex, Pennsylvania Saturday.
Guerrero will be held in the Mercer County jail until he can be extradited back to Portage County to face his pending case.
Additionally, authorities will be investigating whether Guerrero violated federal law.
“The reason we created the Missing Child Unit in Northern Ohio after Operation Safety Net concluded, was to continue to bring our most at-risk missing children home safely,” U.S. Marshal Pete Elliott said in a press release. “Our newly formed Missing Child Unit with investigate any violations of federal law by Guerrero.”
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- ‘We just need to be us’: Browns ready for Sunday matchup against Kansas City
- Troopers investigating Ohio crash that killed 14-year-old
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- Dr. Dre now back home after reported brain aneurysm treatment
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration