TOWNSVILLE, Australia -- A three-year-old boy managed to escape unharmed, after his egg collection hatched into a pile of deadly snakes.
Kyle Cummings found the seven eggs in his family's yard, and tucked the treasure into a plastic container, which he hid in his closet.
Three weeks later, Kyle's mother found the container. By then, the eggs had hatched into a collection of Eastern Brown Snakes. Thankfully, the container's lid remained in place, and the snakes did not escape.
Wildlife experts say the snakes' fangs weren't developed enough to break the skin. However, their venom was just as potent as full-grown snakes.
Australia averages around three fatal snake bites a year, and eastern browns are responsible for the majority of them.