(WTVO) — David L. Lander, the actor best known for playing Andrew “Squiggy” Squiggman on the sitcom “Laverne & Shirley” has died, according to TMZ.
Lander’s wife tells TMZ that he died Friday evening as a result of multiple sclerosis. David’s daughter Natalie and her husband were at his side when he passed.
Lander was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1984.
Lander’s co-star Michael McKean, who played Lenny, posted an old photo of the two on Twitter Saturday afternoon.
McKean and Lander actually met at Carnegie University in Pittsburgh where they originally developed their characters.
- Ohio to change mask orders after new CDC guidance
- Suspect accused of shooting, killing 73-year-old veteran at Maple Heights laundromat pleads guilty
- Petition calling for Tokyo Olympics to be canceled amid pandemic gathers 350,000 signatures
- Pony named French Fry found safe after disappearing while giving rides to kids in Cleveland
- Coronavirus in Ohio Friday update: 1,014 new cases, 87 additional deaths