*Watch our report above on large fairs scaling back to junior fairs due to COVID-19.*
BEREA, Ohio (WJW) — The Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds just announced plans to host its first ever “Fair Food Drive Thru.”
The special event will be held on August 15 and 16 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
“We are excited to bring a little taste of the fair to you this year while maintaining safety and social distancing,” the fairgrounds staff wrote on social media.
This year’s fair was postponed until 2021 due to COVID-19 concerns.
More details about the drive thru along with a map and menu will be released in the near future. You can check for updates on the fairgrounds’ Facebook page.
The coronavirus pandemic has impacted how fairs operate across the state. Just this week, Governor DeWine announced that all fairs, starting on July 31 or after, are now going to be junior fairs only.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Freebies and deals for Halloween 2020
- Man sentenced for Willoughby Hills hit-and-run that injured woman walking dog
- ‘Paul Rudd is a real hero’: Actor hands out cookies to early voters at polls in Brooklyn, video goes viral
- Port Clinton postpones Trick or Treat due to coronavirus
- Second stimulus checks: How negotiations went from optimistic to ugly